Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #30

Here's my card for this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara} . I was loosely inspired by fellow Kitchen Sink Stamps design team member Sarah's one layer card that featured the large "thanks so much" image from Thanks with Style embossed in silver. You can see Sarah's card using Thanks with Style here.

For this card, I cut and arranged strips of patterned paper, then stamped the image directly on the patterned paper with Versamark, then added the silver embossing powder and heat embossed. I added some heart shaped twinkle stickers over the hearts in the embossed image for some extra sparkle.

I found some pink ribbon that matched the pink in the patterned paper and tied it around the cardfront. I added a tiny scrap of silver cord to the bow to match the embossing.

Be sure to stop by Tamara's blog to see what the other card design team members have done with this sketch. If you give it a try, be sure to link your card here so I can see it, too.

Materials Used:
Thanks with Style stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Autumn Leaves patterned paper; Cool Caribbean and Basic Black cardstock, silver embossing powder, pink taffeta ribbon, silver cord (Stampin' Up!); heart twinkle stickers (Amuse)

8 comments:

  1. Love the embossing on the pattern paper Lori! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I'm having a "why didn't I think of that?" moment. Did you versamark the flower outline on the background or was that part of the paper?

    Lori SBS2

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossing looks so neat on there...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this card, and that image is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Lori! Pretty colors!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning card. I just love all the detail with the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. embossing is something I don't think to do much these days....very fun idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I like this! I love seeing how we all interpret the sketch! I'm still so thrilled to be the new kid on the block at Tamara's site!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips