Saturday, April 26, 2008

Big Birthday Candle

The Big Birthday Candle stamp set is one that's really grown on me. When I first saw it in the SU! catalog, I wasn't too impressed with it. But, after seeing some samples using the set and actually trying it myself at a shoebox swap, it made its way into my collection. I've found that makes quick and easy cards and is a great set for using for masculine cards, too. Because of that, it may be one of the sets that I turn to for my swaps for the upcoming SU! convention.

I made this one using Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I started with the dotted patterned paper from a big stack of Magnolia papers. I picked the blue and mustard shades out from the paper as the other colors to use on my card. I stamped the candle outline on scraps of patterned paper in blue and mustard, then trimmed around them. They're attached to a white panel using dimensionals. I added a stamped flame in mustard, then covered the flame with Dazzling Diamonds.

I found a piece of patterned paper with blue, mustard, and green dots on a white background in my scrap pile and used that for the panel across the cardfront. Since the pattern was kind of busy, I stamped the sentiment on a blue scrap and punched it out with the word window punch. I love all the dots and patterns here--they work really well together!

Materials Used:
Big Birthday Candle stamp set, More Mustard and Blue Bayou Classic inks, More Mustard, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White cardstock, Bashful Blue Prints Series and East Coast Prep designer papers, Dazzling Diamonds, word window punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Magnolia); brads (Making Memories)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't order this set but the more I see it lately, the more I think I better ;)
    Your card is great!! Fab DP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, love those giant candles.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips