Friday, April 25, 2008

Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop 2

I created this project for Papertrey Ink's second monthly Blog Hop. The challenge was to use some of PTI's new Father Knows Best patterned paper in a project. I used just a *tiny* bit of the paper, but it has an important role in my project.

Inspired by some of last month's gorgeous Blog Hop creations with ribbon, I made ribbon flowers using Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon and Lemon Tart satin ribbon. I cut small pieces of ribbon and folded them into loops. I attached them to the back of the flower centers.

The flower centers are where I incorporated the patterned papers. I used small circles of the patterned papers as the centers of the flowers. I added a large yellow jewel brad at the center of each flower, too.

The stems and leaves are stamped using images from the new Garden of Life stamp set. I used a sponge to fill in some grass and a sky. The sentiment is also from Garden of Life. I stamped it in Summer Sunrise ink on a narrow piece of Lemon Tart cardstock, then punched it out with my word window punch. I added a smaller jewel brad to accent this panel.

My card has a slightly unusual closure/fold. The card base is a 4 1/4" by 11" piece of cardstock, scored at 2 3/4" and 8 1/4". The stamped panel extends beyond the top flap of the card. It's only adhered to the top folded section of the card so that the card can flip open. I used a piece of Summer Sunset grosgrain ribbon to keep the card closed. The panel slides out from under the ribbon to reveal the inside of the card.

I'm looking forward to seeing the other fantastic (and probably more creative!) ways that people incorporated the Father Knows Best paper pieces into their projects.

Materials Used:
Garden of Life stamp set, Summer Sunrise and Aqua Mist Palette inks, Summer Sunrise, Lemon Tart, White cardstock,Father Knows Best patterned paper, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon, Lemon Tart satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery Classic ink, word window punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, sponges, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); 1 1/8" circle punch (EK Success)

34 comments:

  1. Oooh, sooo cool! I really love the ribbon flower! What a great way to rid of scrap ribbons! Love the sunny yellow color too!

    Beautifully done!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori~
    This is awesome...I love the ribbon flowers!! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I like how it opens, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is AWESOME! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that ribbon just yummy!?! Love the flowers! very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I love the flower centers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and creative. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love all the yummy ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Lori! Your flowers are so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! Definitely an eye catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, Lori!! This is just adorable! Very spring-y and cheery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a beautiful set of flowers!!!!! great submission.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori, those flowers are gorgeous!! I was on the fence about ordering these new colors, but I'm gettin' 'em now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a darling card! I love the colors!!! wow! tfs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute idea! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lori, this is super cute! Love your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable card! I love the ribbon "petals". Great idea!
    Hugs,
    Colleen, aka kroppykat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous!! Flowers and ribbons, oh wait flowers made from ribbon-- my favorite things!! I love what you did with the ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the closure on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow so clever with the ribbons and the paper

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the ribbon flowers. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a beautiful card! I love the colors- it's so cheery! Those flowers are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card! I love the ribbon petals! Love the card closure too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your flowers! Thanks for sharing.~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very cool card Laurie! LOVE the colours and design! You rocked this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fun and sunny and stunning. Love love love those ribbons like that. :0) mel

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous Card!!
    Such Beautiful flowers.
    Love that it is made with
    ribbon...wow!
    Fabulous color..Yellow!
    Nice design too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I missed the blog hopping but this is great! I love your folds.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Totally snagging the ribbon flowers idea! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips