Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bright Bird-Day

I created this bright birthday card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I needed a few kids birthday cards for my collection and I thought the some of the images from Pun Fun would make a fun child's card. I realized I've had Pun Fun for months and barely used any of the images other than the rocket ship, so I figured I'd try out some of the other images in the set. The bird (and its matching birthday sentiment) caught my eye.

I stamped the bird image in black ink, then colored it with Copic markers. The bird is embellished with some Yellow Stickles on its belly and a tiny yellow Twinkle sticker on the hat. You can actually sort of see the sparkly belly in this picture (usually when I photograph Stickles, that doesn't happen . . . ).

The patterns are a pretty busy combination, so I used a more subtle strip of patterned paper across the cardfront. I found three large red brads to add as an accent.

I really like this layout and I have some other ideas for images and paper combinations to try with it, so you may be seeing it again soon . . .

Materials Used:
Pun Fun stamp set, Tempting Turquoise, More Mustard, and Real Red cardstock, East Coast Prep designer paper, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Graphite Black ink (Brilliance); rectangle dies (Nestabilities); Yellow Stickles (Ranger); red brads (?)

7 comments:

  1. Totally adorable...hehe! Love his belly!
    I have a question for you...do you heat set your Brilliance ink when using Copics? It smears for me on my SU WW. We don't have Georgia Pacific in Canada. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the color, Lori! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so totally adorable!!! I love that paper and the sparkly belly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute happy birthday card it is adorable, love that pattern paper and those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Lori! I love the bright colors on this. The brads really add a lot to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous and cheerful card!! I Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card. Love the bright colors and that bird is so cute! -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips