Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Superbella Is on the Way

Recently, I participated in a few Stamping Bella card kit swaps. Each kit contains one stamped image, two coordinating pieces of patterned paper, a matching piece of ribbon, and some embellishment pieces. Some of the kits include a matching sentiment, too. I've found that I can usually create two different cards using the materials in the kit, plus just a little bit of my own stuff (in addition to the cardfront).

Now, I have a huge basket full of ready to color and assemble cards with a variety of Bella image for pretty much every occasion. I have some of the images that came in the kits in my own collection and I can stamp them anytime I want to, so I decided to "pay it forward" by assembling the card kits with the images I already have and adding some matching stamped images inside of the cards, then sending them to SCS WISH-RAK forum members who had wished for those images. When I send out wishes, I always like to send out a matching card--kind of an idea-starter for the recipient. I think that's why I don't get around to sending images out as often as I like.

Anyway, this is one of the cards I made using a Superbella image kit. I love the star clip embellishment! I colored the Bella with Copic markers to match the patterned paper, added a scalloped rectangle mat under the colored image, and put the rest of the pieces together pretty quickly.

5 comments:

  1. Your superbella is great, love the addition of the star it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She fantastic! The clip is the perfect additional touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Lori! Love the embellishement too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Super Cute! Love the colors and the star is the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh fabulous Bella! I love the patriotic colors!! Beautiful job!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips