Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #44

Here's my card for this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara}. The sketch was designed for a small 3x3 card and that's what mine is, even though it looks kind of big in the photo.

Since Mother's Day is now over, I decided to switch gears a little and create a Father's Day card. I used Verve Visual's Father Figure stamp set for all of the images on this card. I really like the clean, masculine images in the set. They worked really well with this sketch. Since the card is small, there wasn't much room for lots of embellishment "stuff."

I went with a masculine dark blue and brown color combination, along with a kraft cardfront. Kraft goes so well with so many colors! Instead of ribbons or brads, I added a simple row of paper piercing along the bottom of the card to go with the row of circles stamped along the top of the card.

All in all, the card took less than 10 minutes from start to finish. That's one of the nice things about making those little 3x3 cards. If you have a chance, stop by Tamara's blog to see what the other card sketch design team members have created using this sketch.

Materials Used:
Father Figure stamp set (Verve Visual); Close to Cocoa and Night of Navy Classic inks, Creamy Caramel, Night of Navy, and Kraft cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool (Stampin' Up!)

8 comments:

  1. Too funny, because I think my card took about 10 minutes too! I love the 3x3 size. This is very cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! great job on the sketch! I love your take on it! Great colors and I to love the 3 by 3 size! Great way to use up those smaller scraps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lori, LOVE the kraft cs and the simple but stunning layout.

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Lori! I love this new set from Verve and I love what you did with it!

    Stampin Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need for "embellishment stuff" anyway! :) Great card, Lori... perfect for any Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah! I have NEVER made a card in 10 minutes - LOL! This is wonderful, a great guy card, very cute!

    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Great stamps and I can't get enough of those 3x3's. I like making little boxes for 'em :0) mel

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips