Thursday, June 12, 2008

At Least Someone's Glam

I could tell today was going to be a long day when I was in the shower this morning, rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, and the electricity went out for no apparent reason. It was a bright, sunny morning, no rain or wind whatsoever so the power outage was completely out of the blue. I immediately got a sinking feeling in my stomach. The idea of going to work with soaking wet hair was not an appealing one! Fortunately, just before the drop-dead, last moment before I would be hopelessly late for work if I stayed at home any longer, the power returned and I was able to plug in my hairdryer. That event just set the tone for the day, though. I was so glad to get home and have a little time to spend stamping tonight.

Given my near hair disaster this morning, I thought it would be fitting to use one of the ultra-fashionable Glam Girls images from C. C. Designs tonight. I combined two blogger challenges to create this card. I used Lauren's Saturday sketch challenge as the basis for the design, along with the Great Swaps Girls challenge to pull out the often-neglected, old favorite tool, the paper crimper.

The colors for the card were based on the bright patterned paper from Prima's Sasha collection. I picked the pink and blue shades to use to color the image. I also added some glittery accents to her headband/scarf, sunglasses, and ring. I used my just-arrived extra-large rectangle Nestabilities for the main image and scalloped panel. These will definitely come in handy!

Instead of using a ribbon across the cardfront, I used a narrow crimped piece. I cut a "v" into the edges of the crimped piece for some interest and glued on some rhinestones, too. The sentiment went over the center of the panel to finish the design off. I may still go back and add a bright Prima flower or two--I haven't decided on that yet.

I'll be back tomorrow with my blogger challenge project. I'll warn you in advance, it's another bright one . . .

Materials Used:
Glam Girls stamp set (C.C. Designs); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers and pink glitter pen (Copic); patterned paper (Prima's Sasha Collection); Pink Passion Classic ink, Pink Passion and Tempting Turquoise cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, paper crimper (Stampin' Up!); rhinestones (Walmart); rectangle dies (Nestabilities); Stardust pen (Sakura)

5 comments:

  1. Glam card Lori! Sorry to hear about your hair troubles this morning. I'd have called in sick...lol...my bangs(yes I have those...got a big forehead to cover...lol) need to be blown dry or they stick to my face...haha!

    Like how you did the sentiment across the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Loriu she is definitely GLAM! LOL! Love it. Thanks for playing along :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Glam Girl Card!!
    Great Wild colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am LOVING these images! These girls are awesome! This card is perfect as is! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crimped paper accent ... wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips