Friday, June 13, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 51

This week's challenge was a color challenge: turquoise, pink, and Green Galore. My card's a pretty quick and simple one but I think it's very striking.

I used a glossy white cardstock base for the large flower images from the retired Mixed Bouquet set. I wasn't drawn to this stamp set until I tried it out at a shoebox swap--after it was retired! I ended up trading for it and I'm so glad I have it in my collection. I stamped the images in black ink, then used sponge daubers to fill in the images. This was a quick way to fill in the open images with vibrant colors.

I strayed from the challenge just a tiny bit by adding a black layer under the image panel. It really makes the panel stand out. I also added a border strip I made using the Threaded Water punch from Fiskars. I had to practice on a few pieces of scrap paper to get the punch to line up right--I am just a little straight-line challenged . . .

The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Faux Ribbon stamp set. I stamped it in dye ink first, but it looked a little blurry, so I ended up trying craft ink. That ended up being a little crisper looking.

Be sure to check out the other blogger challenge participants to see some other great ideas for combining this trio of colors. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Mixed Bouquet stamp set, Basic Black, Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, and Green Galore Classic inks, Tempting Turquoise Craft ink, Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Basic Black, and Glossy White cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, silver brad, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Faux Ribbon stamp set (Papertrey Ink); pink grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Threading Water punch (Fiskars)

19 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this bold and beautiful card, Lori! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you added your colors to the images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautiflly Lori. Love this technique and your card shows exactly why! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You really nailed the color combo! I could NOT make it work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOO PRETTY! You really made this colors look AMAZING together! To gorgeous for words! {SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mixed Bouquet is one of my favorite SU stamps...ever!!! Great card!!! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, Lori, this is one of my all time favorite sets and techniques too. It's a gorgeous and striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my all time favorite stamp sets and you've used it beautifully. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Card - it so cheery and just pops off the page. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is VERY striking! GORGEOUS! I hadn't even thought of this technique. I love seeing what everyone does with the challenges! GREAT JOB on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Lori! What a great technique! How beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Lori! What a great technique! How beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. A no fail technique. Love it, your card is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I love the daubering colors!!! Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is wonderful. The big bold flower looks fabulous with the different colors and I love the pop of the black as well as your nifty scalloped edge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mixed Bouquet was meant for this challenge. Your card is alive..Love it.
    Connie Paxman

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty...I've always loved that set! Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the beauty of this card, Lori! The bold colors really pop and the black is the right compliment to them!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips