Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dotted Petals

When I saw that kraft was one of the colors in today's color challenge on SCS, I so knew that I'd be doing the challenge tonight. I love using kraft cardstock--and Soft Sky, too.

I had my Pick a Petal stamp set out on my table from something else I've been working on, so I chose that for the challenge. I decided to experiment a little with my new Swiss Dots embossing folder. After I stamped the outline petal image, I ran the cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the folder to create cool, embossed petals. I cut them out and arranged them on the card, curling them a little and attaching them with some foam tape. I layered some punched circles and a large button to make the flower center. I used a white gel pen to make a quick "stitch" between the button holes.

I managed to squeeze in a sentiment from the Stem Sayings stamp set. The "a" and "y" in day are a little smudgy, but it fit!

In keeping with the dot/circle theme, I added some dotted organdy around the cardfront and a row of paper piercing along the bottom. Piercing through two layers of cardstock took a little more work than paper piercing usually does (especially since the kraft is just a little thicker than regular cardstock), but the look is worth it!

I am looking forward to some new stamps arriving in the mail tomorrow. Yay! That always helps to brighten a long work and class day.

Materials Used:
Pick a Petal and Stem Sayings stamp sets, Soft Sky, Basic Black, and Kraft cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, mat pack and paper piercing tool, pop up glue dot, white gel pen (Stampin' Up!); Noir Black ink ({Palette); Swiss Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); black dotted organdy ribbon (Michaels); button (American Crafts); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. I love this color combination and I love how you did the pteals. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips