Thursday, June 5, 2008

Glam Great Swaps Girl

My electricity has been restored and I've gotten to be home for more than a 10 minute stretch for the first time since early yesterday morning. I'm so glad the weekend's almost here, even though I'll be spending most of it doing work on upcoming presentations for my classes . . .

I decided to spend a little time stamping this evening in between some other stuff I need to catch up on. Here's my version of this week's sketch challenge from the Great Swaps Girls blog. I really like the sketch that Jessie created for us to try out.

I picked out one of my Glam Girls images from C.C. Designs and patterned paper from SEI's Oasis line for the sketch. I probably wouldn't have put these colors together if it weren't for the patterned paper, but I really like the look. The white medallion image on the paper is shimmery IRL--fun detail.

The Glam Girl image is colored with Copic markers to coordinate with the paper. I added just a little gold Stardust pen to give her some sparkly detail along the hem of her shirt and pants and on her accessories. I also stamped one of the set's sentiments on the image panel in matching ink. Definitely darling!

Materials Used:
Glam Girls stamp set (C.C. Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Georgia Pacific); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (SEI Oasis paper); gold Stardust pen (Sakura); petite oval and petite scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie, and Chocolate Chip cardstock, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Flame Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps)

4 comments:

  1. The patterned paper is wonderful, and the image coloring is just perfect! This image is so cute! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute...love that DP Lori! I hope to get to this sketch tomorrow maybe? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun card, love that image and those paper that you used with her, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just awesome!! Great job with the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips