Sunday, July 6, 2008

Celebrate with Birthday Darling

I made this fun birthday card using the Birthday Darling stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps. The color scheme for the card came from the pretty, feminine dotted paper from My Mind's Eye. I colored the Darling with Copic markers, then used long rectangle Nestabilities dies to cut out the image and a scalloped mat. I stamped the balloon a second time on a scrap of cardstock, then colored it and covered it with some Crystal Effects to give it a shimmer. After it dried I cut it out and added it to the image with a dimensional.

I stamped the "celebrate" sentiment repeatedly along the side of the image panel. The clear stamp made it easy to line up the image. I stamped the word at the center of the panel first and used that to help determine where to place the other two words.

If you love the Simple Darlings images like I do, you'll want to come back later this week to see some other fun projects using this set and you'll also want to be sure to check out the latest customer challenge going on at Clear & Simple Stamps. The winner will receive a $25 gas card and a $5 gift certificate for Clear & Simple Stamps. You can check out the contest details here.

Materials Used:
Birthday Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye/Wild Asparagus-Pretty Little Girl Dots pattern); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Plum Pudding, Lavender Moon, and white cardstock, Plum Pudding Palette ink, Lavender Moon dotted satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); long rectangle and scalloped long rectangle dies (Nestabilities); Threaded Water punch (Fiskars); silver brads, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

3 comments:

  1. CUTE! I want a darling stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these really are darling images. I think the web site needs to show that there are more than the one image you get for the price though. I hope they get more gents soon!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with that darling!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips