Monday, July 7, 2008

A First for Me

My first altered Frappucino bottle, that is. I used one of the sentiments from the Birthday Darling set from Clear & Simple Stamps to create the cute heart-shaped tag to hang on the decorated bottle. I stamped the "o" in "love" a second time, this time in pink craft ink and punched the letter out with a 1/2" circle punch. The little heart nested inside of the "O" is so cute! I added a tiny red heart brad to fill in the white space. I'm even more impressed with myself because I drew and cut the hearts out myself (no die cut!) and they actually look somewhat heart-shaped, which is an amazing achievement for someone with my limited drawing skills.

The scalloped border for the patterned belly band was created by joining two pieces of pink cardstock cut with the scallop-edged long rectangle Nestabilities. I used Sticky Strip to attach them to the jar.

And, here's a little hint for making these jars. If the black print on them (with the use by date and other mumbo-jumbo) annoys you like it does me, you can easily remove it. Just use a little rubbing alcohol on the ink and it will disappear.

The jar is filled with red licorice pieces. It's a little out of season for candy hearts, I guess . . .

Materials Used:
Birthday Darling stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); Real Red and Regal Rose Craft inks, Real Red, Regal Rose, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, 1/2", 3/4", and 1 3/8" circle punches, scalloped circle punch, silver elastic cord, Real Red grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); pink grosgrain ribbon (American Crafts); patterned paper (Moxxie--True Love pattern from How Do I Love Thee collection); long scalloped rectangle die (Nestabilities)

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea, love how it came out! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really cute, I love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the jar. I have been doing them for gifts for awhile now. I love them. I don't even drink coffee and yet, I find myself buying it for the bottle! Now that is an addiction that could lead to an addiction. They make great gifts.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips