Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Guava, Banana, and Chocolate--Yum!

Groovy Guava has definitely grown on me! I wasn't wild about it when I first saw it last year, but since then, I've gradually come to appreciate it. For today's SCS color challenge, Groovy Guava was paired with Barely Banana and Chocolate Chip.

The yellow and orange shades have a somewhat tropical feel, so I immediately thought about using one of the images from the Hibiscus set from Kitchen Sink Stamps as the main image on my card. I used the medium sized three step image, then stamped the smallest image on a scrap of cardstock, trimmed it out, and added it to the oval panel with a dimensional.

The rest of the layout is pretty simple. I used some wide grosgrain ribbon in chocolate and stamped the sentiment to match. I added a trio of tiny pearls under the sentiment. The layout, colors, and images looked elegant to me so the pearls seemed like a good addition.

This is the first time I've actually stamped in a week (I stamped "ahead" a lot last week so I'd have time to devote to finishing my projects for class and be able to go to the beach for a short getaway and still have lots of stuff to share on my blog . . .). I've worked on my convention swaps, assembling bits and pieces and cutting stuff out, but haven't inked up a stamp since Wednesday. Even though this is a pretty simple card and layout, it took me a while to get something to feel like it was even remotely working out. I still have lots to do to get ready for the upcoming SU! convention, so this is not a good time to feel uncreative . . .

Anyway, on to other things. Tomorrow is a long-awaited and very special day for me and in honor of this big event, I have a little celebration planned for Inking Aloud's readers. Be sure to stop by to check it out.

Materials Used:
Hibiscus set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Groovy Guava, Barely Banana, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Groovy Guava, Barely Banana, Chocoalte Chip, and Shimmery White cardstock, Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); self-adhesive flat-backed pearls (Target)

4 comments:

  1. fabulous color combo! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colors & great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I subscribe to your blog... have been for a while now... and I tell you what!!! Your cards are the greatest! I LOVE them. I love waking up and having them in my mailbox... But this one!!! OH MY GOSH!!! ONE OF THE BEST... gonna go to Kitchen Sink and buy the stamp set right now... don't think mine will look anything like this one... but it is GEORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked this tricky colour combo! (and I meant to say on the last post that I loved your card & your great sneaky way of getting the scallop on the side the same size as the one for the image! :0)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips