Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rosy Times Two

I made a simple, elegant card incorporating the colors in Kristina's latest color challenge--Rose Red, Regal Rose, Sage Shadow, and Whisper White. I use the two shades of rose a lot, but rarely use Sage Shadow.

The layout is based on one I used with this set at a shoebox swap earlier this year. I rotated the card so that instead of the layout being vertical, it is horizontal.

I found a piece of Sage Shadow patterned paper in the SU! Spring Fling paper pack and used that as a panel on my card. The main image is the flower from Wonderful You. I stamped the outline image in the darker Rose Red ink, then stamped the solid image in Regal Rose after stamping off once. I stamped the top of the flower a second time on a scrap of cardstock and cut it out. I embellished the center with some Dazzling Diamonds and a tiny pink pearl (so tiny it's hard to see in the photo!)

Materials Used:
Wonderful You stamp set, Rose Red and Regal Rose Classic inks, Rose Red, Regal Rose, Sage Shadow, and Whisper White cardstock, Spring Fling designer paper, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensional (Stampin' Up!); pink satin ribbon (Target); pink flat-back self-adhesive pearl

3 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely! I love it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant is an excellent way to describe your card. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love those colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips