Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} #55

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Sketches {by Tamara}. I used all three of the cute cupcake images from Unity Stamp Company's Cupcakes A'La Yummy stamp kit on this long, skinny card. The images are stamped in black ink on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I added a little embellishment to each image--Stickles on two of them and some Crystal Effects on the other.

I colored the cupcakes to coordinate with the dotted flocked paper layer . I love the bright, bold colors and the fun flocked texture. I found the paper (along with some other great patterns) at my local AC Moore after they updated their stamping and scrapping section recently.
I stamped the "sweet thing" sentiment repeatedly on a strip of bright pink paper just a shade or two lighter than that cardfront. I used a white gel pen to add a dot between each phrase, repeating the dot element from the cardfront. I used a piece of matching grosgrain ribbon to hide where the solid and patterned panels meet.

If you have a chance, stop by Tamara's blog to see the other talented card design team members' versions of this sketch.

Materials Used:
Cupcakes A'La Yummy stamp kit (Unity Stamp Company); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Pink Passion Classic ink, Pink Passion, Pixie Pink, Pumpkin Pie, and Close to Cocoa cardstock, white gel pen, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Yellow and Diamond Stickles (Ranger)l patterned paper (Momenta's Born to Be Wild Line-Baby Dots pattern)

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I love those cupcakes and the bright cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, both of these cards are pretty. I love the Always set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Lori! Love those yummy cupcakes and the bright colored papers! Fantastic!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips