Thursday, August 14, 2008

Comfort & Peace

Sympathy cards are among the hardest to create and unfortunately I needed to make one tonight for a former colleague. Gina K's Comfort & Peace set is a perfect stamp set for this kind of card.

I chose to use my Copic markers and rubbing alcohol for a soft look for the floral image that's the focal point of my card. I colored directly on the stamp with several different markers, then spritzed the stamp with some rubbing alcohol. I stamped the image directly on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I added a pair of tiny pearls at the flower centers. Very soft and elegant.

I found some patterned paper with images that are similar to the stamped image and used that to create a panel on the left side of the cardfront. I attached the matted image panel to the center of the cardfront and had just enough room left to stamp the sentiment in coordinating ink.

Materials Used:
Comfort & Peace stamp set (Gina K); markers (Copic Ciao); Old Olive Classic ink, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Almost Amethyst, Elegant Eggplant, and Very Vanilla cardstock, Bali Breeze designer paper (Stampin' Up!); classic oval and classic scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); self-adhesive pearls (Target); rubbing alcohol

2 comments:

  1. I need to make a sympathy card today for my neighbor and I think I will try this style. I like it a lot. Colors are great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips