Saturday, August 9, 2008

Convention Inspiration

One of the great things about going to the SU! convention is the opportunity to share ideas with other demonstrators. This card was inspired by a swap from one of my convention buddies, Chris. I loved the bold colors she used in a card featuring Ginormous Flowers, a set I have but it seems I rarely use.

I pulled out Ginormous Flowers tonight with this idea in mind. I love when something turns out exactly like you see it in your mind--and that so rarely happens for me. Here, I randomly stamped two of the large flower images from Ginormous Flowers in Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette and added leaves in Kiwi Kiss. I can't wait for Monday to come so I can order more Kiwi Kiss paper when the new SU! catalog goes live. I didn't order any whole packs of this color and I'm almost out of the pieces from my In Color assortment packs.

I covered the stamped panel with a piece of white vellum to soften the bold flowers. Then I attached the stamped sentiment panel over the vellum. This helped to hide the adhesive for the vellum, which is always tricky. I layered the panel on a Kiwi Kiss mat, then on a Riding Hood Red cardfront. Simple, but elegant.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!);
Ginormous Flowers and Heard from the Heart stamp sets, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, vellum

3 comments:

  1. Very cute and I love the colors!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is bold & very pretty...all at the same time. Very nice Lori.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty, and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips