Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sketches by Tamara #58

Here's my card for this week's sketch from Sketches {by Tamara}. The sketch is made for one of those long, tall cards. Not much stamping to be found on this one!

Instead of stamping a focal image for the card, I layered several different sizes and colors of clear flowers. I selected the colors and patterns based on the fall-feeling color scheme of the strip of dotted paper I placed on the left side of the card.
To go along with the dots in both the paper and the orange flower, I used a scalloped strip made with the Fiskars Threaded Water punch. Having the holes punched in the scallops is a real time-saver!

I stamped the "smile" sentiment from the SU! Wonderful Words II stamp set on a piece of More Mustard cardstock and trimmed it down--a lot. I layered this trimmed piece on two different shades of brown cardstock and added a ribbon tab and an additional transparent flower as accents.

Next week will bring my last card as a member of Tamara's card sketch design team. Tamara's in the process of choosing some new members for her team. If you're interested in being a part of the team, you can find all the info here.

Materials Used:
Wonderful Words II stamp set, Chocolate Chip Classic ink, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, and More Mustard cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Clears flowers (Making Memories); Threading Water punch (Fiskars); patterned paper (DCWV Fall stack); brown grosgrain ribbon (Morex); red self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, the colors are pretty and I like how you did the layers with the flower. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card and I found the flowers interesting. Who are they by? Are they clear with designer paper backs or are they plastic with colors? Either way, looks nice.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips