Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rosy Eastern Blooms

Since today's color challenge on SCS included kraft cardstock, I had to try it out when I got home from work. I love using kraft cardstock! And the new kraft patterned paper in the hostess Patterns designer paper pack--love it, too. Here, I combined the color challenge and the technique challenge from yesterday, too, all in one simple card.

The main image on this card is from the new Eastern Blooms stamp set that I got at the SU! convention. I did the faux dry embossing technique with the branch image, stamping first in Rose Red ink, then again, slightly offset in White craft ink to make the image look raised. The Stamp-a-ma-jig made this really easy to do on the very first try. I distressed the edges of the panel slightly before attaching it to kraft and black mats. The edges of the kraft mat were gently rubbed against my White craft ink pad for additional definition.

I used a scrap of Rose Red Prints Series designer paper on the left side of the card, matted on a piece of black cardstock. I tied a scrap of black ribbon around it for a pop of color.

I used the "thank you" image from Short & Sweet as the sentiment on the card. I use this set's versatile sayings a lot--probably more than any of my other SU! sentiment sets. The sentiment is stamped in white ink on a large oval punch. There's a silver brad at the right side of the oval for an accent. Simple, but still elegant.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Eastern Blooms and Short & Sweet stamp sets, Rose Red Classic ink, White Craft ink, Rose Red, Basic Black, and Kraft cardstock, Rose Red Prints Series designer paper, black grosgrain ribbon, large oval punch, silver brad, distressing tool, dimensional

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the color combo! I think I am going to have to get that sentiments set soon! Great work!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful, you did a great job making it just the teeniest bit off-set. It's amazing how much dimension that adds.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips