Thursday, August 21, 2008

Same But Not the Same

I used Lauren's Saturday sketch challenge to create these two completely different cards, both using stamps from Unity Stamp Co.

This one has a fall look and feel thanks to the colors of the patterned paper I used. The main image comes from the Tiny Trinity stamp kit. I colored the tree image with Copic markers then sponged around the edges of the panel with some olive ink. I matted the image on panels to coordinate with the patterned paper on the cardfront and added a small ribbon tab to one side of the image.

I punched out several different color small circles and layered them to form mats for the rust-colored textured Prima flowers. Copper is such a warm, fall-feeling color to me, so I added a copper bauble to the center of each flower to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Tiny Trinity stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Dark Chocolate and Cream cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Old Olive and Really Rust Classic inks, Old Olive and Really Rust cardstock, 1 1/4" and 1" circle punches, sponge, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Wild Asparagus-Brothers Stripe); 1 1/8" circle punch (EK Success); flowers (Prima); copper baubles (Stamping Bella); olive ribbon (Morex); oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities)


The second card uses some new Unity stuff that I got in the mail today. The large skull image is from the Love Is Toxic kit. I stamped it in gray ink and embellished it a bit by coloring the eyes with Copic markers, then adding a bit of sparkly glitter glue to them.

I stamped the sentiment directly on the patterned paper I layered on the cardfront. The paper's from a big fall paper pad I picked up recently. this piece has a grunge-y Halloween feel to it and I thought it would be fun to pair with the skull. I used a sentiment from the August Kit of the Month, Remember Happiness. I love the collection of images in this set! The image shows up much better IRL than in the photo--you really can read it, I promise!

For embellishment I tied a piece of coordinating green satin ribbon around the panel . I also added a pair of clear hearts, colored purple with Copic markers to match the skull's eyes. A little different from my ordinary style, but I think I like it!

Materials Used:
Love Is Toxic and Remember Happiness stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Basic Gray Classic ink, Green Galore, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, glue dots (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (DCWV's Fall Stack); clear hearts (Heidi Swapp); markers (Copic Ciao); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Diamond Stickles (Ranger); green satin ribbon (?)

1 comment:

  1. Those cards are great! I love them both and for reasons as different as they are from each other! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips