Friday, September 5, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 63

This week's challenge was a color challenge including 4 of the 6 new SU! In Colors: Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss. That's quite a mix, isn't it?

When I looked at the colors together, I thought that combining Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss would make a nice fall-themed card. So, I decided to start from there and then somehow figure out how to work the Pacific Point into the mix.

I used two of the leaf images from the retired Autumn Fest stamp set for the image panel. Since I haven't bought Tangerine Tango ink (this is the one In Color I'm just not sure about yet . . .), I substituted Only Orange ink with the edges rolled in Riding Hood Red for one of the leaf images. The bold images in this set are perfect for the rock and roll technique! The other leaf was stamped in Kiwi Kiss ink. I matted the panel on Kiwi Kiss paper, then added another layer of Pacific Point under that. It's just a little bit, but it's there!

I used a piece of Tangerine Tango cardstock for the card base. I stamped it with the Twill background using Versamark to give it a textured look. I created a scallop edged strip just a bit longer than the width of the matted image panel. I attached brads to each end of the panel and fit the panel on the cardfront so it lay between the brads.

I used the grateful image from the retired Small Script set for the sentiment. I layered it on a scalloped circle, then added one of the Riding Hood Red buttons I got in a demo bulk buy during the summer to the panel.

Instead of heading off to work this morning, I've been called for jury duty. Since it's late in the week, I'm not sure I'll end up being selected for a jury, but I'm taking my book just in case I have to sit and wait a while. I'm looking forward to seeing how the other challenge participants incorporated all of these colors into their creations when I get home later today. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Autumn Fest, Small Script, and Twill stamp sets, Riding Hood Red, Only Orange, and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Versamark, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, and Very Vanilla cardstock, scallop edge punch, scallop circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, silver brads, button, linen thread, dimensionals

24 comments:

  1. Girl you pulled this off! When I saw it said Pacific Point I went ACK! BUT...you made it all come together nicely...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The card is wonderful and I love that you used the rock and roll method on it, really makes the colors blend well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with this color combo!! I found these colors such a challenge...but you made it look easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the way you put the colors together. The blue works great in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fall scene you created with the leaves is very pretty. The card has a crips and clean look to it - just like fall. Your scalloped and buttoned sentiment is a perfect finishing touch...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful, Lori. Love the rock and roll on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty fall card. The Pacific Point makes an excellent matte!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fall leaves look great with these colors...nice idea! Love the rock and roll, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a hard color challenge, but you pulled the colors together nicely. I love the stamp set that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhh I love the way you combined these colors! GORGEOUS!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful take on this week's challenge. Love your images with their varigated colors. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card for Autumn...the colors worked great (By the way I love the TT ink)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful way to put all of these colors together! Lovely card Lori! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these colors with leaves!Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job. I love this technique. And your right they do make a great fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A challenge on 'Brillance'wasn't this fun. Nice to see a fall card.
    Awesome job with the leaves and compostion.
    Connie Paxman

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the rock and roll on the leaves and the scallop with the brad attaching it to the card! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the use of the Rock N Roll technique to add color to your leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This turned out wonderful! I love how you used just a little snippet of the pacific point...nice accent color..really works well together! {sMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! I love the blue mat, and I love the way the edges of the leaves are in red. The scallop mat really pops! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you did a ownderful job with a fall themed card!!!! the rock and roll leaves look great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job with the colors! Such a pretty fall card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love it!! I think those colors are perfect for Fall!! THe colors come together great! Awesome job (yet again!). Have a great week!!
    Tangii

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips