Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sparkly Doodled Flowers

I made this card for today's featured stamper challenge. I really liked the layout of the original card (see it here), but ended up making some changes to the layout as my card came together.

I really liked the earthy images and color tones of the original card, so that was in my mind as I designed this card. I stamped one of the doodle flower images from Unity Stamp Co.'s August Kit of the Month, Remember Happiness, on a white panel using earth toned inks. I filled in the images with sparkly watercolors to coordinate with the image outlines. They really shimmer IRL. I added a pink-ish pearl to the center. The colors of the card make them look less pink somehow and more peach. I added a spiral clip to the upper right corner of the image panel, just like in the original card, and tied a scrap of polytwill ribbon to the clip.

My image panel ended up being too big to fit a sentiment like in the original card. Since the card looked a little empty with just the layered image panel, I added a strip of Really Rust cardstock to the left side of the card, edged with just a bit of Chocolate Chip cardstock, before attaching the image panel.

I have another idea using this layout that would stay more true to the inspiration card. If I have time, I'll get the card done and post it later tonight . . .

Materials Used:
Remember Happiness stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, and Garden Green Classic inks, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Groovy Guava, and Whisper White cardstock, Fall Flowers designer paper, Chocolate Chip polytwill, corner rounder, aquapainter, sponge (Stampin' Up!); copper Dew Drops (Stamping Bella); spiral clip, pink pearls (?); sparkly watercolors (My Favorite Things Stamps)

2 comments:

  1. We CASEd the same card, Lori! Love your changes and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I like the panel of really rust with the brads. It really adds some oomph to your card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips