Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Beautiful Morning Bird

Here's my card for today's SCS sketch challenge. I thought the long panel at the front of the sketch would be perfect for the bird and branch images from Unity Stamp Co.'s Oh! What a Beautiful Morning kit.

The bird and branch are stamped in brown ink and colored with Copic markers. I stamped the bird an additional time on a scrap of paper, colored it, cut it out, and attached it to the stamped image panel with dimensionals. I sponged around the edges of the panel in Soft Sky ink to soften the white a little bit.

I used a piece of patterned paper from Basic Grey's Urban Prairie collection for the large panel on the cardfront. I tied a piece of celery satin ribbon around it and attached a trio of blue dome embellishments, too. The smaller panel on the cardfront is embossed with the Forest Branches Cuttlebug folder.

I wanted to add a sentiment to the card, but couldn't figure out where it should go. I thought about placing it at the bottom right corner of the image panel, but finally settled on using a round tab punch placed partway under the image panel. I chose one of the sentiments from the Mix Up of Cuteness kit. The some of the small sentiments in this kit are a great fit for the tab punch.

And, one last thing for tonight before I head off to watch the season premiere of one of my most favorite TV shows, Friday Night Lights (so glad I have DirecTv and don't have to wait to see it!) . . . I'm excited to share that I'm a new design team member for Page Plans, a weekly card and scrapbooking sketch blog. You can check out the fun news here.

Materials Used:
Oh! What a Beautiful Morning and Mix Up of Cuteness kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); Taken with Teal and Soft Sky Classic ink, Certainly Celery and Taken with Teal cardstock, round tab punch, sponge, Crystal Effects, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Forest Branches embossing folder (Cuttlebug); green satin ribbon (Morex); blue dome embellishments (Michaels)

8 comments:

  1. i was just wondering today why this kit does not sell! seriously it is one that just does NOT get the attention it deserves! i need to show everyone this card and it may just FLY off the shelves! Gorgeous! THANK YOU for being part of the Unity Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! Love the colors of it! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lori! I'm excited to work with you on the Page Plans DT!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there! Great card! Congrats to you for making the Page Plans team!! you know I've never watched Friday Night Lights because it's one I would probably like and I can't get into more shows! LOLOL! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh, I love the pretty paper and the gorgeous colors of your card. I think your placement of your sentiment is fabulous!! Beautiful card!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card Lori! You can tell Angela that I'll buy it ;) I think that set is adorable! So many uses!
    Congrats on the new DT work too!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color combo! Congrats on your cool news! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori~
    This is so sweet. Love the little bird! The tab really makes a nice accent. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips