Thursday, October 2, 2008

Kiwi Tree

I made this quick card that combines the colors from Kristina's latest color challenge and a somewhat skewed version of the sketch from Mary Jo's weekly sketch challenge. I wanted to keep the card to a 4 1/4" square, but the image I picked was big, so I had to make some adjustments.

The main image is a pretty tree image from Unity Stamp Co.'s September Kit of the Month, Friendship, Love, Miracles. I stamped the tree in Chocolate Chip ink and used my Kiwi Kiss ink pad and a blender pen to color in the leaves. I randomly added some orange Dew Drops to the tree's branches, too. The tree image is layered on a scalloped circle mat, then attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

I combined striped (Kiwi Kiss) and dotted (Chocolate Chip) patterned papers on the cardfront, then layered this on a Pumpkin Pie cardfront. I stamped the "hello" sentiment from Tiny Trinity on a scrap of Very Vanilla cardstock and trimmed it to fit inside a piece of Brushed Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. I've barely used any of the hardware pieces--they're almost too pretty to use! I threaded a piece of Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon through the holes in the hardware and secured the ribbon around the card.

Materials Used:
Friendship, Love, Miracles and Tiny Trinity stamp kits (Unity Stamp Co.); Chocolate Chip and Kiwi Kiss Classic inks, Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla cardstock, Bella Rose and Kiwi Kiss Patterns designer papers, blender pen, Crystal Effects, Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, Hodgepodge Hardware, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Flame Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities)

11 comments:

  1. How cute is this card with the baubles! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely card, love the baubles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea to put those baubles on the tree. Adorable. Love this color combo too. Thanks for playing along Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty! I love the baubles on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the color combination! The baubles are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lorie, i love your tree and same as everyone else, love tht you added baubles =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those gem fruit are too fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!!! you are totally selling me on unity stamps! Do you get commission?!? :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips