Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 6

This week's Unity Customer Challenge is hosted by Maggie from Stamps in Hallways. She created a sketch for us to try using Unity stamps.

Here's my version. I used the miniature Giggle Grove image that's in Love, Friendship, Miracles, the September Kit of the Month. I love being able to fit all of these cute tree images on one card! I stamped the trees in brown ink on a piece of kraft cardstock and paper pieced them in fall colors. The center tree is filled in with some copper baubles from Stamping Bella. They fit the small circles almost exactly. I distressed the panel's edges and inked the edges by rubbing them in the ink pad and by brushing on some ink with a sponge. I added the "autumn splendor" sentiment to the panel on a contrasting word window punch.

I used an autumn colored and themed piece of patterned paper for the cardfront. I added the scalloped edge to match the trees and the paper. I wrapped a piece of Chocolate Chip poly twill around the scalloped panel and threaded a piece of copper cord through the knot to tie in a little more coppery color.

To see more versions of this sketch, you can stop by the other Unity Challenge Girls blogs. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Love, Friendship, Miracles stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); ink (Memento); Dark Chocolate and Summer Sunrise cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Close to Cocoa Classic ink, Really Rust, Pumpkin Pie, and Kraft cardstock, word window punch, scallop edge punch, Crystal Effects, copper cord, Chocolate Chip poly twill ribbon, distressing tool, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); copper baubles (Stamping Bella); patterned paper (K & Company)

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colors, my favorite time of the year is Autumn and this card just screams it! Awesome creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I didn't realize there were mini trees in a set...lol...going to need that now...thanks for enabling me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori- this is a SPECTACULAR card. Love the paper pieced trees and the fall colors. Great detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - reminds me of Autumn !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so cute! I have this set but I haven't used it. Sad, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love the tree in the middle...nice job! Fall has such awesome colors to offer as a color pallette. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, so cool. Love the paper piecing and the color combos. LOVE it. TFS. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, how pretty is this!! Love that paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats and wish you lots of fun over at Page Plans. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a perfect card, Autumn Splendor is exactly right :)
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori, your card is gorgeous!! I love the copper baubles on the tree too- perfect touch for a fall card!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS, Lori!! Love the touches of copper with the autumn colors...so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to Page Plans!! So excitd to work with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously a great great card! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips