Friday, October 3, 2008

Blogger Challenge: Week 67

This week’s challenge was a two-parter: create a love/anniversary themed card using fall colors and images. I thought on this one for a while before settling on a fall-themed suspension card for the challenge.

I hadn’t made a suspension card in a while, but at the shoebox swap I went to last week, someone brought one using the Cheers to You set. I guess that card’s still on my mind! Here’s a tutorial for making these fun cards. For my card I used the acorn image from the retired Autumn Fest stamp set for the suspended image. I inked the stamp with Really Rust ink, then wiped off the top of the acorn and colored it with a Chocolate Chip marker. I rolled the bottom of the acorn in Close to Cocoa ink before stamping it on Very Vanilla cardstock.

The opening in the cardfront is made with a 1 ¾” circle punch. This size is wide enough to leave plenty of room for the suspended image. I attached my image with some clear fishing line and some Sticky Strip to hold the fishing line firmly in place.

The panel on the cardfront that hides the suspension mechanism is created with a Really Rust cardstock panel and a piece of patterned paper from the Bella Rose paper pack. I added some paper piercing at the bottom to coordinate with the dots in the paper and wrapped a piece of kraft taffeta ribbon around the panel, too.

The “nuts about you” sentiment is from Memory Box. Unfortunately, my stamp is very poorly trimmed and it’s next to impossible to get a good image from it, so it took me quite a few tries to get readable text to punch out with the word window punch.

For other fun ideas, you can check out what the other blogger challenge participants have created for this week’s theme. You can find links to their blogs in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
Autumn Fest stamp set, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, and Close to Cocoa Classic inks, Chocolate Chip marker, Really Rust, Very Vanilla, and Kraft cardstock, Bella Rose designer paper, 1 ¼”, 1 3/8” and 1 ¾” circle punches, word window punch, kraft taffeta, mat pack and paper piercing tool, sticky strip (Stampin’ Up!); sentiment (Memory Box); fishing line

22 comments:

  1. Love the suspension and the sentiment! I totally missed using fall colors...oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore suspension cards Lori and this is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE! I've never made a suspension card before. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great way to take on this challenge! Love suspension cards and this one is top notch! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori girl..convention line buddy! Your card is great this week! Have a nice weekend ~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh love how you made this into a suspension card! Great card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never done a suspension card before, so I'm really impressed with this one. Great job...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! Love the suspension element...and the sentiment is adorable! [SMILES}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never done a suspension card, and yours is gorgeous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card! I haven't made a suspension card yet. Looks like I will try one soon! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! such a cute idea and the sentiment is a crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a cute card! Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card! I still have this stamp set and can't bring myself to let it go. Now I'm glad I didn't as you've inspired me to bring it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very fun and creative card. I love the nut suspended on the card and the cute sentiment that goes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great spin on a falling for you.. A suspension card!! Great idea. beautiful card, great coloring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Way to combine both challenges! Such a great color combination for a 'falling' theme! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love how you did this card...the colors, the paper, the suspended acorn, the faux stitching...lots of nice detail...thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute card! The suspension effect makes me think of how a first love can give you that dizzy feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really need to try making one of these suspension cards Lori! Yours turned out wonderfully! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just too cute! Simple...but not too simple. Great combo of colors...and of course, I just love that suspended acorn....it's the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips