Sunday, October 26, 2008

Stripes and Sparkles

I had a great time at the class at the stamp store this afternoon. We made some great Stamping Bella cards and used some gorgeous Prima products, too. Of course, I picked up a few things, too. You'll be seeing those in upcoming days . . .

Here's the card I made for this week's challenge at Taylored Expressions. I just got the Party Hearty stamp set from SU! (it's on sale this month as part of SU!'s 20th anniversary celebration) and thought the cupcake image would work well for this layout.

I stamped the cupcake image three times, coloring the image with markers to get the different colors. I stamped just the cupcake tops again, this time in craft ink. I covered the images with Iridescent Ice embossing powder, then heat embossed them for a sparkly, fun look. I cut the tops out and attached them to the cupcake images with dimensionals.

I used some more of the bright striped paper from My Mind's Eye for the cardfront. It has a really festive feel. The sentiment, "you take the cake," is from SU!'s Smart Cookie sentiment set. I stamped it in Berry Sorbet ink on a word window punched piece. I used a little trick for the ribbons on the cardfront. Instead of wrapping a piece of ribbon all the way around the card, I just tied knots in small pieces of ribbon. I used glue dots to attach them to the cardfront. You can't even tell that they're "faux bows."

Materials Used:
Party Hearty and Smart Cookie stamp sets, Regal Rose Craft ink, Regal Rose and Yoyo Yellow markers, Whisper White cardstock, 1 3/8" circle punch, word window punch, glue dots, silver brad, dimensionals(Stampin' Up!); 1 1/2" circle punch (EK Success); Berry Sorbet Palette ink, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, and Summer Sunrise cardstock, Lemon Tart twill (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye)

The second card is for this week's card sketch at Page Plans. I haven't used my Glam Girls images from CC Designs in a while and the fabulous girl fit the large image panel in this sketch perfectly. I colored the stylish girl with Copic markers and embellished her with some glitter pens, then paired her with some patterned paper from Making Memories.

The colors in the patterned paper looked great with SU!'s Baja Breeze and PTI's Ripe Avocado cardstock, so I used those colors for the card base and panels. I cut coordinating circles with small circle punches to form a background for a trio of rhinestones along the bottom of the card--a fabulous embellishment for a fabulous girl.

The Page Plans blog features several other versions of this sketch. One of the versions uses the sketch rotated horizontally--it looks great. I may have to try it that way later this week . . .

Be sure to stop back tomorrow. I have some good news to share. . .

Materials Used:
Glam Girls stamp set (CC Designs); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers, glitter pens (Copic); patterned paper (Making Memories-5th Avenue); Baja Breeze cardstock, Baja Breeze striped grosgrain, scallop edge punch, 3/4" and 1/2" circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Ripe Avocado Palette ink, Ripe Avocado cardstock (Papertrey Ink); self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the colors you used... such yummy cupcakes! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards -- the top one is so cute -- love that cupcake stamp.

    The bottom card is adorable -- the paper goes perfectly with that image -- so fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cupcake card is so cute...love the sparkle!
    Great glam girls card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the cupcake card! Love the bella card too. Good to know you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both beautiful cards!! Congrats on being on stampers showcase today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, love both cards and love the image that you use for the 2nd challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this....the color combo rocks and it is so crisp and sassy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips