Monday, October 6, 2008

What's Cookin?

Today's technique challenge on SCS was to make a pizza box. What a cute little container this is for a set of mini cards--and easy to make, too! When I saw the challenge, I envisioned using the Unity Stamp Co. set Lovin' from the Oven for a little box of love notes. Here's what I came up with.

The box is decorated pretty simply. I used Sticky Strip to attach the box's flaps and it seems to be holding well so far. To decorate the box, I stamped the oven mitt on red cardstock and cut it out, then attached it to the large circle with the sentiment on it. I layered this on a red scalloped circle. The scalloped circle is attached to a belly band I made with strips of black and red cardstock zig zag stitched together on my sewing machine.

I made a trio of cards for inside the box, each using one of the images from the stamp set. The cards all have pretty much the same layout and color scheme. I just switched out the patterned paper and rotated the elements from card to card to change it up a bit.

Materials Used:
Lovin' from the Oven stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); circle and scalloped circle dies (Nestabilities); Basic Black marker, Real Red, Basic Black, and Whisper White cardstock, Real Red Prints Series designer paper, White and Basic Black grosgrain ribbon, 1 3/4" circle punch, Sticky Strip, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. These are cute cards along with the box. Did you make any envies to go with the cards? If so, is there a pattern?

    Connie J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lori!!! Need to do this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips