Monday, October 20, 2008

Posy Premiere

At least it is here at Inking Aloud! This is a premiere in that this is the first time I've used the Posy set from Kitchen Sink Stamps.

When I saw the sketch posted on Lauren's blog, I thought these images would fit the sketch perfectly--and they did! I stamped the two different size flowers in a combination of Papertrey Ink's Palette inks in shades of pinks and reds. I dug through my stash and came up with the perfect embellishment for the flower centers--self-adhesive pearls.

The larger flower is surrounded by a paper pierced border. The smaller flower is matted on a piece of pink cardstock and attached to the cardfront with dimensionals.

I added a get well sentiment in bold Berry Sorbet ink and wrapped a piece of satin ribbon around the card. I layered the white panel on a Sweet Blush card base to complete the card. So pretty and elegant.

Materials Used:
Posy and Never a Loss 4 Words stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Chocolate Chip, and Ripe Avocado Palette inks, Sweet Blush and white cardstock, Sweet Blush satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Kiwi Kiss and Certainly Celery Classic inks, paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); self-adhesive pearls (Target); needlepoint canvas-for paper piercing guide

4 comments:

  1. SOOOOOO Pretty Lori! :D
    Love the colors and the paper piercing! Yummy ribbon too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty. Great colouring of the pansy. It looks real! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful. I love the concept and the colors and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous!! I love the pearl centers.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips