Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 20

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's required elements were gingham (ribbon, paper, whatever), staples, and paper piercing. I included all three on this simple birthday card.

I used the cupcake image from SU!'s Sock Monkey set (still haven't inked up the monkey image . . .) for the main images. I stamped the image three times, twice on the long white panel and an additional time on a scrap of white. Each cupcake was colored with SU! markers. I did a little paper piecing for the cupcake tops to get the light pink shade (no In Color markers, unfortunately) and put some sparkly Dazzling Diamonds on the candle flames.

I used the small tag punch to punch out the cupcake image on the scrap. I layered this piece on a larger pink tag, then stapled a piece of pink gingham ribbon to the top of the tag. I haven't used this stuff in a while!

I added paper piercing to the Riding Hood Red strip that frames the stamped images. I also made holes in the scallop edged panel at the bottom of the image panel. The "just for you" sentiment from the Sock Monkey set fit perfectly inside the word window punch with just enough room for a brad as an accent.

You can see what the other card and layout design team members did with these ingredients at Tamara's blog. I'm off to start my busy day (meeting in Baltimore at the state department of education, dinner with my kindergarten teacher friends), but I should be back later with more goodies to share.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!):
Sock Monkey stamp set, Riding Hood Red and Basic Black Classic inks, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, and Close to Cocoa markers, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Whisper White cardstock, mat pack and paper piercing tool, large and small tag punches, word window punch, scallop edge punch, silver brad, Dazzling Diamonds, pink gingham ribbon, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Cute layout Lori! Great idea to tag that one cupcake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea to use the tag!! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layout! Love the third cupcake on the tag. Adorable idea. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is very cute Lori! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! The tag on the 3rd image is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I love how one of the cupcakes is stamped on the tag.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips