Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara} Recipe #18

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. The three required elements for this week’s challenge were paint, distressing, and buttons.

I decided to use acrylic paint on my Distressed Dots background stamp from Unity Stamp Co. I used a foam brush to cover the stamp with purple acrylic paint, then stamped the image on a piece of Almost Amethyst cardstock. Since the dots have a distressed look, I used a distressing tool to rough up the edges of this panel.

The focal image is from Unity’s September Kit of the Month, Love. Friendship. Miracles. I paper pieced the tree images and added some Stickles to highlight the hearts in the trees.

I stamped the “love” sentiment from the kit in craft ink on a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock, then cut it out with an oval die. I used a glue dot to attach a heart-shaped button to the sentiment panel to finish incorporating all of the challenge elements.

You can find other cards and layouts using this recipe on Tamara's blog. It's always fun to see how the different design team members use the elements from the challenge.

Materials Used:
Love. Friendship. Miracles stamp kit, Distressed Dots background (Unity Stamp Co.); Close to Cocoa and Elegant Eggplant Classic inks, Close to Cocoa, Elegant Eggplant, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue, and Not Quite Navy cardstock, distressing tool, white gel pen, glue dot, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); oval dies (Nestabilities); purple satin ribbon (Michaels); Cotton Candy and Purple Stickles (Ranger); heart button (Walmart); acrylic paint

4 comments:

  1. Sweet card Lori! Love that distressed background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the challenge Lori! Your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Lori!! I just got my Sept kit yesterday and can't wait to give it more love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the sketch. Great trees! :O)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips