Saturday, November 1, 2008

More Mittens

I had a fun time at the shoebox swap earlier today. I had to get up early and drive an hour each way, and I'm getting tired, so I'll keep this post quick.

I made this card for this week's Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge. There's no cupcakes anywhere here, though. I am loving these cute mitten images from Papertrey Ink's new Snowfall stamp set and pulled them out again for this sketch.

Here, I paired the mittens with two of the new PTI colors and with some silver accents. The mittens are stamped in Aqua Mist on white cardstock, embellished with a stamped single snowflake, then cut out. I used a piece of silver cord to "connect" them, then attached them to a shimmery white panel with dimensionals.

The cardfront uses a patterned paper panel from the Polka Dot Parade paper pack and an embossed panel using the Cuttlebug Snow Dots folder. I stamped the circular sentiment from the set in Ocean Tides ink, then added a silver snowflake in the center. I meant to add a sparkly brad or rhinestone in the center of this snowflake, but I forgot (too tired!) . . .

And, while we're on the subject of Papertrey Ink, I have to share that I was unbelievably thrilled to find that my Jewish New Year card was listed on Nichole Heady's blog as an honorable mention for the past month's PTI Guest Star Stamper contest. You can see an almost-identical version to the one I submitted to the PTI contest here.

Materials Used:
Snowfall stamp set, Aqua Mist and Ocean Tides Palette inks, Encore Silver ink, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Ripe Avocado, white, and shimmery white cardstock, Polka Dot Parade patterned paper, Ocean Tides grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); silver cord, 1 3/8" circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Snow Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Moonlight White ink (Brilliance)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! The colors are so soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so BEAUTIFUL - I just love the PTI colors and stamps -- so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and Pretty and oh so Wintery! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Lori! Those mittens are adorable... love the soft colors you used! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a LOVELY card! The colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips