Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sparkle with Felt Flurries

Here's a quick card I made for today's featured stamper challenge. I based my card on this one in Becca's gallery.

I really liked the layout of the original card, so I kept that pretty much the same. It's the kind of design I'm comfortable doing.

Here, I used a pair of Little Felt Flurries die cut snowflakes as the focal image on my card. I ordered these when they were first available from the SU! Holiday Mini catalog and hadn't used them yet. I based the color scheme for the card on the flurry colors. I used a sparkly brad to hold the flurries together. I found that the paper piercing tool worked well for making a hole to put the brad through without damaging the felt. I layered the snowflake on a shimmery white circle and a Baja Breeze scalloped circle.

I used some Baja Breeze Patterns designer paper for the panel on the left side of the cardfront. I layered it on coordinating cardstock, then attached it to the cardfront. I used kraft as my card base. Instead of embellishing the card with a trio of Dew Drops or something similar in the bottom right corner, I stamped a sentiment from Warm Words instead to finish the card.

Materials Used (all from Stampin' Up!);
Warm Words stamp set, Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Kraft, and Shimmery White cardstock, Baja Breeze Patterns designer paper, white taffeta ribbon, scallop circle punch, Little Felt Flurries, sparkly brad, dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful CASE, Lori! I love the felt snowflakes on top of the scalloped circle. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Lori! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love that snowflake; it's so intricate. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love the snowflake that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Love the depth of it. Fab!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips