Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tangerine Flowers (or Something Close. . .)

I made this quick card for this week's color challenge at Paper Craft Planet. A new challenge is posted in the Color Challenge Group every Wednesday. This week's challenge included five colors: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, and Whisper White.

I used Papertrey Ink's Garden of Life set for the image panel. I stamped the solid flower image in Pumpkin Pie (I don't have Tangerine Tango ink, so I decided this was close enough . . .), then stamped the outline image in Riding Hood Red. I added the flower centers using Chocolate Chip. If you look closely, you can see the subtle sparkle that I got by highlighting parts of the flower outlines with a clear Stardust pen.

I layered the stamped panel on a Tangerine Tango panel, then added a Riding Hood Red scalloped strip along one side of the panel. I tied a piece of Chocolate Chip satin ribbon around the Baja Breeze cardfront, then layered the panel over the ribbon on an angle. I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink to complete the card. I wish I'd stamped it just a tiny bit more above the bottom of the card . . .

Materials Used:
Garden of Life stamp set (Papertrey Ink); Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, and Chocolate Chip Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Tangerine Tango, and Whisper White cardstock, Chocolate Chip satin ribbon, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); clear Stardust pen (Sakura)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips