Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 14

***Check out my blog candy post here.***

It's time for another Unity customer challenge--a day early this week because of the upcoming holiday. This week's Unity challenge chooser was Carole. She challenged us to create a card with a thankful theme using red and white.

My version uses the circle images from Unity's Circle of Thanks kit as inspiration. I stamped the circle border in red ink on a piece of white cardstock, then stamped the "thanks" sentiment, slightly inside the border of the circle on one side and extending slightly beyond the border on the other. I used a Nestabilities circle die to cut out the stamped image, then embellished it with a textured red Prima flower with a pearly Dew Drop at the center.

I continued the circle motif by creating a panel using a piece of patterned paper from the new Men of Life paper pack from Papertrey Ink. I tied a strip of satin ribbon across the patterned paper panel before assembling the card. Since the red/white color combination and the patterns I used are strong and bold, I kept the layout and elements clean and simple so the card wouldn't be too busy to look at. I think I managed that!

You can check out the other challenge participants' creations on their blogs or in the Unity forum on SCS. Links to the challenge players' blogs are in the sidebar to the right.

Materials Used:
Circle of Thanks stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Real Red and Basic Black Classic inks, Real Red and Whisper White cardstock, glue dot (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Papertrey Ink--Men of Life); white satin ribbon (Target); flower (Prima); Dew Drop (Kitchen Sink Stamps); circle die (Nestabilities)

11 comments:

 
Blogging tips