Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bird Trio

I made this quick card for today's SCS sketch challenge. Once I figured out what I was going to do for the sketch, my card was done in less than 30 minutes. Using patterned paper and solid images along with a sketch makes things go so much faster!

I used the cute bird image from Unity's Giggle Grove stamp set for the three bird images. I stamped two of them on scraps of Baja Breeze cardstock. To get the third bird (the middle one, done in Kiwi Kiss paper) facing the other direction, I stamped the image on a piece of acetate, then pressed my cardstock scrap down on top of the ink immediately, transfering the reverse of the image on to the paper. The lines were a little paler than I wanted, so I traced over them with a fine line black pen, then cut out the image.

I chose the colors for the card based on the patterned paper from October Afternoon that I used to cover the cardfront. It's hard to see, but the card base is actually made from Papertrey Ink's Ocean Tides cardstock, which is just a little bit deeper shade of blue than Baja Breeze. The panel on the cardfront is PTI's Ripe Avocado, which is a slightly darker green than Kiwi Kiss. I think they coordinate nicely. I guess that says something about how attuned to trends in colors the major stamp companies are!

Materials Used:
Giggle Grove stamp kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Very Vanilla cardstock, 1 1/4" circle punch, scallop edge punch, mat pack and paper piercing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Ocean Tides and Ripe Avocado cardstock, Ripe Avocado stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); patterned paper (October Afternoon-Freshly Mown Lawn)

3 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute Lori! That is one of my all time fave Unity sets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an Adorable Card!
    I love the placement of
    the birds on the circles :)
    pretty DP..great colors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips