Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Unity Challenge: Week 16

This week's Unity Challenge comes from Jess. She challenged us to CASE one of the three Unity DT members who will be a coordinator for the next Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) on SCS. I decided to case one of Jimmi's cards for the challenge. I picked one that she did for an SCS color challenge: here. The layout and colors really caught my eye.

Since I liked the layout so much, I really only changed the images used and a few other details. I used the tree image from Unity's September Kit of the Month. It’s colored with Copic markers and embellished with some Stickles. I sponged some Kiwi Kiss ink on the bottom of the panel for grass and layered the image panel on a Kiwi Kiss panel and then a Riding Hood Red panel.

I used the Cuttlebug Heart Blocks embossing folder to create a coordinating Pink Pirouette panel for the cardfront. I’m working on using up some of the tons of Bella Rose designer paper I have, so I used a piece of that on the cardfront, too. I layered a piece of white satin ribbon over a piece of red grosgrain ribbon and attached that to the card, overlapping the image panel as Jimmi did. I replaced the snowflakes that Jimmi used at the end of the ribbon with a pair of felt hearts.

Materials Used:
September's
Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); white cardstock (Xerox); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Kiwi Kiss Classic ink, Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, Bella Rose designer paper, sponge, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Heart Blocks embossing folder(Cuttlebug); Fruit Punch and Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); white satin ribbon (Target); felt hearts (American Crafts)

12 comments:

 
Blogging tips