Monday, December 15, 2008

Kitchen Sink Monday: With Bells On

Earlier this month, I bought a bunch of small silver bells, thinking they'd make a cute embellishment for a card or something like that. And, they've sat on my table since then, waiting for a project to come along. I decided I'd use them to embellish my project for this week's installment of Kitchen Sink Stamps Monday.

I started my card with a piece of patterned paper from a Memory Box pack. I don't usually do holiday cards in traditional colors and I really liked the soft sage/teal tones in this paper. For an elegant look, I embossed the word "joy" in silver, using the letters from the Snow Flurry stamp set.

I wrapped a piece of the wide teal satin ribbon from the Kitchen Sink Stamps store around the patterned paper, under the embossed letters. I must admit that one of the reasons I chose the patterned paper that I did was so that I could use this pretty ribbon on my project! I threaded a piece of silver ribbon through the knot, then threaded a piece of silver cord through, too. I tied a silver bell at each end of the cord.

The panel at the bottom of the card was created by gluing a bunch of different width scraps of cardstock in teal, sage, and cocoa to a white panel. The panel is layered on a silver panel just a bit larger than the patterned paper panel, then on a teal card base.

For more inspiration from the Kitchen, check out the rest of the Kitchen Sink Crew:

Materials Used:
Snow Flurry stamp set, teal satin ribbon (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Versamark, Taken with Teal, Close to Cocoa, and Sage Shadow cardstock, silver embossing powder, silver cord (Stampin' Up!); silver ribbon, silver bells (Michaels); patterned paper (Memory Box-Frost collection)

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty Lori! I have some little bells too and didn't know what to do with them...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jingle bells - perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lori... love the jingle bells... you're right, they add perfect touch! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these beautiful colors for this delightful holiday card with bells on, Lori!!! How fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant and beautifully simple ........i am a big fan of yours and always check out your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww cute, I like the jingle bell cord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Lori!! I love the bells and the colors are just great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THE BELLS!!! I'm glad you pulled them out for this card. I'm always afraid of the wide ribbon, but you have definitely inspired me to play with it more because you do such a beautiful job with it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips