Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Island Inspiration

I’m far from any Hawaiian island, but I can dream, can’t I? Island Paperie, a scrapbooking store located in Hawaii and specializing in tropical themed products, has started a group on Paper Craft Planet and is having an inspiration challenge. As soon as I saw the inspiration piece, I knew I’d have to participate since I have the perfect images from Kitchen Sink Stamps to capture the look and feel of the piece.

Did you see the news coverage of that huge water main break that washed cars off of the road? That's not too far from where I live and work and is just one of the signs of the really cold weather we've been experiencing over the past few days. It was nice to turn to something warm and tropical feeling in my craft room!

I haven’t used the gorgeous KSS Hibiscus set in a while and I knew it would be just right for the challenge. I used 4 shades of pink and red inks to build the pair of detailed flower images on the white panel. I highlighted the flower centers with just a bit of clear Stardust pen glitter. I added a single leaf between the flowers in green tones. The image is matted on a bold scalloped circle panel. I added a soft pink ribbon tab as an accent.

I used a sewing machine to stitch together strips of rose and celery cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on the rose piece, using a faux embossing technique for a soft look. I arranged the strips and the stamped image panel on a soft pink card base, placing the image at the lower right corner as it is in the inspiration piece.

If you have a chance, stop by the Island Paperie group on Paper Craft Planet to find out more about the challenge. The challenge runs through December 27.

Materials Used:
Hibiscus stamp set (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Kiwi Kiss, and Always Artichoke Classic inks, White Craft ink, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, and Whisper White cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy Palette inks, Berry Sorbet cardstock, Sweet Blush double stitched grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); rectangle and scalloped rectangle dies (Nestabilities); self adhesive pearls (Target); clear Stardust pen (Sakura); sewing machine

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lori! I love the colors. I just watched the news and saw the story about that water main break. How scary that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVE the pink!!!


    Anyhow, I want to stop by today to personally wish you and your family the merriest Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips