Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 29

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's required ingredients were "naked" chipboard, old patterned paper, and twill, twine, or raffia.

I whipped up this card in about 10 minutes (after locating the old patterned paper that's sunk to the depths of my paper stash . . .). I created a 4" square card with a large Bazzill chipboard snowflake as the focal image. I didn't leave the chipboard completely un-embellished, though. I added a few pink and clear rhinestones to the ends of the snowflake and tied a piece of white twill through the loop in the snowflake. I really like the look of twill on my projects. If you're a twill fan like me and want lots of different colors to add to your collection, check out the selection at i {heart} papers.

I pulled colors from the blocks on the patterned paper to create the mat for the patterned paper and the card base. The sentiment is stamped directly on the patterned paper using Pacific Point ink so it will stand out. I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the placement just right.


Materials Used:
sentiment (Amuse); Pacific Point Classic ink, Pacific Point and Kiwi Kiss cardstock, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); May Arts white twill (i {heart} papers); patterned paper (Chatterbox); chipboard snowflake (Bazzill); self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it Lori! That naked chipboard is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card Lori!! That big snowflake is fantastic! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips