Thursday, December 25, 2008

Time to Say Thanks

I hope everyone's enjoying the holiday time today. I slept late and watched TV in bed this morning until Cosmo the crazy dog decided he'd had enough "quiet" time and demanded to go out. I plan to spend the rest of the day at home, cleaning stuff up and maybe heading out for dinner with my family later today. I'm also planning on doing some crafting and I've already started on that. Now that the holidays are over, it's time to get to work on sending out thank you notes. So, I used today's ways to use it challenge on SCS as a starting point to create one. The challenge was to create words with a combination of letter and image stamps.

I used the 1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet Buddy from Kitchen Sink Stamps to spell out "thank you." I omitted the "o" in "you" and replaced it with one of the flower images from the Happy Birthday Cupcake stamp set. I stamped the flower on a scrap and punched it out with a 1/2" circle punch and stuck it in place with a dimensional. I added a tiny self-adhesive rhinestone at the center.

I found some October Afternoon patterned paper with a flower that was similar in shape and design to the stamped flower image. I used that to create a panel for the cardfront. I wrapped a piece of satin Swiss dot ribbon around the patterned paper, then placed the sentiment, along with a scalloped circle and some Prima flowers on the panel.

If you're looking for some after-holiday sales to pick up some gifts for yourself, be sure to stop by the Kitchen Sink Stamps store tomorrow. Use the promotion code "HOHO" to get 20% off your purchases on Friday, December 26 and Saturday, December 27.

Materials Used:
1/2 Pint Playful Alphabet Buddy and Happy Birthday Cupcake stamp sets (Kitchen Sink Stamps); Spring Rain Palette ink, Ocean Tides, Summer Sunrise, and Vintage Cream cardstock, Ocean Tides Swiss dot ribbon (Papertrey Ink); 1/2" circle punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (October Afternoon-Paper Lanterns); flowers (Prima); self-adhesive rhinestones (Michaels); scalloped circle die (Nestabilities)

1 comment:

  1. What a sunny, cheerful way to say thank you!
    Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips