Thursday, January 8, 2009

Verve Trio

I’ve been hard at work this week completing all of the challenges in Verve’s Falling for Love challenge. I completed the color challenge on Monday and I’ve been working on the sketch challenges over the past few nights after work.

Here’s the first one. I used the cute Somebunny Loves image, stamped in pink ink, shaded a little with a pink Copic marker, and filled in with some pink Fun Flock. I added a little red felt heart to the bunny’s hand. The patterned paper panel came from a big Me & My Big Ideas paper stack.

Materials Used:
Somebunny Loves (Verve Stamps); Pretty in Pink and Pixie Pink Classic inks, Pretty in Pink, Pixie Pink, Real Red, and Whisper White cardstock, scallop edge punch, Real Red 5/8” grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); Dew Drops (Kitchen Sink Stamps); pink Fun Flock (Stampendous); patterned paper (Alison pad-Me & My Big Ideas); felt heart (American Crafts)

For the next one, I used images from Cupcake Affair. I colored the image with Copic markers to coordinate with the striped patterned paper from a My Mind’s Eye paper stack. There is a little orange in the paper, it’s just mostly hidden by the image panel—LOL! The big challenge for me on this card was figuring out how to line up the scallops on the patterned paper and the solid mat underneath it. I should not have cut the paper to size first. Lesson learned!

I cut in to my Papertrey Ink Raspberry Fizz ribbon for the first time for this card. I used a piece of the dotted satin ribbon to embellish the cupcake panel and some of the solid grosgrain ribbon to decorate the patterned paper panel. The ribbon strips looked nice, but a little bare, so I added on a pair of rose buttons.

Materials Used:
Cupcake Affair stamp set (Verve Stamps); Rich Cocoa ink (Memento); white cardstock (Xerox); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye); Raspberry Fizz and Ripe Avocado cardstock, Raspberry Fizz grosgrain ribbon, Raspberry Fizz Swiss dot satin ribbon (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip cardstock, white gel pen, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); buttons (Walmart); Cotton Candy Stickles (Ranger)

And now, for my last of the trio of sketches. This card came together pretty quickly. I love the bright, busy pattern on the panel on the cardfront. It's from a paper pad by Sassafras Lass. I pulled the colors for the card from the ones in the paper.

I substituted my Nestabilities Labels 1 dies for the image panel--they're pretty similar in shape to the panel in the original sketch. One of the Anniversary Birds and branches fit perfectly inside one of the labels. i added a trio of matching dome embellishments under the bird, then layered the stamped panel on a slightly larger embossed Regal Rose piece.

Since the paper's pretty busy, I decided to stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Regal Rose cardstock and fold it around the panels. This kept it from getting lost in the pattern.

Materials Used:
Anniversary Birds and Birthday Surprise stamp sets (Verve Stamps); Baja Breeze and Regal Rose Classic inks, Baja Breeze, Regal Rose, Barely Banana, and Whisper White cardstock, Certainly Celery and Chocolate Chip markers, Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (Sassafras Lass Sunshine Lollipops pad); Labels 1 dies (Nestabilities); dome embellishments (Michaels)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Lori! I played catch up on these challenges too! All are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are adorable Lori!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips