Thursday, January 1, 2009

Love Letters

Happy New Year! Here's my card for Kristina's latest color challenge. This week's colors included Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, and Whisper White. I haven't used Pretty in Pink as much now that Pink Pirouette's around, so it was nice to have a reminder to use it! This project is doing double-duty, as it's also my first project for this month's Paper Craft Planet design team gallery. January's theme is "love," so this is a perfect fit. Be sure to stop by throughout the month to check out all the inspiration in the gallery.

I haven't used my new SU! Love You Much set much yet, so I pulled it out for this challenge. This is *almost* a one-layer card. I stamped the "love you much" image on the bottom right corner of the Pretty in Pink card, inking most of the image in black. The flower was colored with a Rose Red marker and the stem with an Old Olive one. I added a teeny, tiny pearl to the flower's center.

Then, I stamped the image again on a scrap of Rose Red cardstock. Very carefully, I trimmed the letters out, then set them inside the stamped outlines on the card. This looks like it might have taken a while to do, but it actually went pretty quickly. I tied a piece of wide white grosgrain ribbon around the top of the card to finish it up. I'm really pleased with how this turned out!

Materials Used:
Love You Much stamp set, Basic Black Classic ink, Rose Red and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Rose Red and Old Olive markers (Stampin' Up!); white grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); self-adhesive pearl (Target)

8 comments:

  1. Cute card! I can totally see a set of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean simple line on this card! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Love" the simplicity of this one. The colors are de-lish. The snow man from yesterday was great, too! Those colors were so bright and cheerful. We haven't had much more than a coating of snow up here in Philadelphia so I'm not ready to put my snow stuff aside yet, either.

    Enjoy your long weekend and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card, Lori! Love the paper pieced letters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great workshop card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card! I love the little pearl.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips