Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Unity Challenge: Week 18

After a short winter holiday break, the Unity challenge group is picking up once again today. Kim is this week's challenge chooser. Her challenge theme was SLIM: Sometimes Less Is More. Since at heart I'm a clean and simple cardmaker, this challenge was perfect for me.

I ended up completing two cards for the challenge. My cards were both quick and simple one layer cards using the same basic layout and embellishment. The first one came together almost too quickly, so I decided to do a second one along the same lines.

The first card uses Unity's Serenity=Joy kit. I stamped one of the leafy images in Mellow Moss craft ink on a piece of Kraft cardstock. I really like the earthy tones of this combination. I stamped the "gratitude" sentiment first in ink, then again in cream ink, just slightly offset for an embossed look. I finished the card by wrapping a piece of darker moss grosgrain ribbon around the top of the card.

Materials Used:
Serenity=Joy kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Certainly Celery and Close to Cocoa Craft inks, Kraft cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Vintage Cream Palette ink (Papertrey Ink); moss grosgrain ribbon (Morex)

The second card is the same layout, just flipping the location of the image and sentiment and the placement of the knotted ribbon. For this one, I went with a Valentine theme, using the argyle heart image and coordinating "lots of love" sentiment I found in the Jolly Little Winter kit. The images are stamped on a light pink card base. I tied a striped red ribbon around the top of the card--kind of mirrors the lines in the argyle, I thought.

For more simple but fabulous Unity inspiration, you can check out the creations by the rest of the challenge participants. Links to their blogs are in the sidebar on the right.

Materials Used:
argyle heart, Jolly Little Winter kit (Unity Stamp Co.); Riding Hood Red Classic ink, Pink Pirouette cardstock, Riding Hood Red striped grosgrain ribbon (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic clean and simple cards Lori! Love the look of the embossed sentiment on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and clean, love them. I really need to get that heart. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and simple :) Love the pink and red combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the earthiness of the first one! It almost looks like a leaf rubbing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! My fav is the red and pink though! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I love the offset stamped sentiment with the cream. You must do a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sentiment on the first one! These are both so cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips