Wednesday, January 7, 2009

You've Got Mail

Something about the cute mailbox image in the new Special Delivery stamp set from There She Goes just called out to me and I had to order it. I mean, who doesn't love getting packages in the mail (especially when they have stamps inside--LOL!)? A stamp set with a mailbox and fun stuff to put inside may be the next best thing. I had so much fun coloring the cute images for today's SCS sketch challenge.

I colored the mailbox image with Copic markers. The hearts were stamped separately, colored, cut out, and attached to the image panel with dimensionals. I put some Stickles on them for some sparkle. I kept the other panel simple, stamping just the "sent with love" sentiment and adding 2 heart images stamped and cut out from red cardstock, then tying a piece of ribbon underneath.

I tried lots of different patterned papers before settling on the diagonal striped piece I used. I found that the image panels were covering up most of the papers, so you couldn't really see the patterns on some of the designer papers I had wanted to use. In the end, stripes were the best fit.

Materials Used:
Special Delivery stamp set (There She Goes); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (K & Company); Regal Rose Classic ink, Regal Rose, Real Red, Baja Breeze, and Kraft cardstock, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Fruit Punch Stickles (Ranger)

2 comments:

  1. Great job!! I had to use this set on this sketch too!! It's almost the same!! LOL....

    Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card, Lori! I love those hearts spilling out of your mailbox! adorable.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips