Friday, February 6, 2009

A Greeting Farm Valentine

I have time for just a quick post tonight before college hockey starts on TV. I don't live near my favorite college team, so unfortunately, I don't get lots of opportunities to see them play. The Big Ten Network rarely shows college hockey, but tonight they are and they're featuring my favorite team (the Wisconsin Badgers, of course!). I've been looking forward to the game all day.

I made this card using one of the digital images from The Greeting Farm and Taylor's new Cupcake Challenge sketch. The Ian and Anya sweethearts image was the perfect size for the large panel on the cardfront.

I colored the image with Copic markers and added some sparkly highlights with Shimmerz paints and a Spica glitter pen. Ian's jacket is colored with a black Glaze pen for a (faux) leather look. I wish my photo picked up these details better! I've had some trouble with digital images, so this time I heat set the image before coloring it and that seemed to reduce the smearing of the ink a little bit.

The cardfront is covered with a piece of diagonal striped paper with a little texture. I used a piece of rose grosgrain ribbon for the strip at the left edge of the image. I attached a multi-layered felt heart at the end of the ribbon.

And since this card is also my entry for the Valentine challenge at The Greeting Farm, I have to include a little poem to meet the contest requirements. So, here goes (cheesy, I know . . .):

Valentine's Day will soon be here,
A holiday best spent with one who's dear.
Ian and Anya are the perfect pair
In their stylish clothes with their glittery hair.
Here they are, ready for their date
And together they'll celebrate.

Be sure to stop back tomorrow morning for the first Starving Artistamps Blog Hop. I'll have some fun new stuff to show you . . .

Materials Used:
50's Sweethearts digital image (The Greeting Farm); white cardstock (Xerox); markers and Spica glitter pen (Copic); Real Red and Pretty in Pink cardstock, Regal Rose 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); patterned paper (K & Company Sweet Talk Die Cut Mat Pad); felt heart (Michaels); Pink and Royal Red Shimmerz (i {heart} papers)

7 comments:

  1. Awww! This is so cute! I love that stamp and your colouring. I've really missed seeing your gorgeous creations. They're SO classy & so pretty! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling card. The images are so cute and I love your heart embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ADORABLE -- LOVE that new digi stamp -- so cute!!! Your card is FANTASTIC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWWWWWWWW -- this is absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips