Saturday, February 28, 2009

Leaning Tower of Stella

I've been busy today working on stuff to share during the upcoming week. I do have something to share tonight that I did for this week's Cupcake Challenge at Taylor's blog. I pulled out one of my Stamping Bellas and some bright colors for the challenge.

I stamped the Leaning Tower of Stella image on white cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. I added some highlights with Stickles on the cherry on top of the cupcake and on the candle and Stella's crown, too. I cut Stella and a Summer Sunrise mat out using Nestabilities dies, then added a matching ribbon tab.

I pulled the colors for the card from the bold dotted paper I used to cover most of the cardfront. I added a more subtle Lemon Tart dotted panel down the left side of the card and placed a trio of pink Bella dots along the bottom of the strip. There was so much going on with the patterned paper, so I left the embellishments at that.

I'll be back tomorrow morning with my card for this week's sketch at Page Plans using some images from Clear & Simple Stamps.

Materials Used:
Leaning Tower of Stella image, pink Bella Dots (Stamping Bella); white Pure Luxury cardstock (Gina K Designs); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); Summer Sunrise cardstock, 2008 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper, Summer Sunrise grosgrain ribbon (Papertrey Ink); dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Yellow and Ruby Slippers Glitz Stickles (Ranger); patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); rectangle dies (Nestabilities)

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips