Sunday, March 1, 2009

Soar

Here's my card for this week's sketch at Page Plans. I used one of the new sets from Clear & Simple Stamps, called Diva Airlines.

I started with a white cardstock oval. I stamped the cloud images randomly in Versamark, then covered them with clear embossing powder and heat embossed them. I sponged blue ink all over the oval to create a soft-looking sky. The embossed clouds resisted the ink and remained white.

The plane was stamped on a piece of white cardstock, colored with Copic markers, then cut out. I added it to the sky stamped panel with dimensionals.

I layered the oval panel on a piece of star patterned paper from Scenic Route. I added a layered ribbon strip to the left side of the card and the sentiment, along with two chipboard stars, on the right.

Materials Used:
Diva Airlines stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); petite oval and scalloped oval dies (Nestabilities); patterned paper (Scenic Route); chipboard stars, silver star brad (Making Memories); Angel Wings paint (Shimmerz); olive grosgrain ribbon (Morex); Night of Navy and Bashful Blue Classic inks, Versamark, Night of Navy and Bashful Blue cardstock, clear embossing powder, Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon, sponge, circle punches, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

I had a lot of fun using this set! Here's an interactive card I made with the same focal image. On this card, the airplane moves across the "sky" when you pull the tab on the left side of the card.

I used a piece of patterned paper that's intended to be a snowy landscape as the sky here. I think it works just fine . . . I used my word window punch to cut a channel across the patterned paper, then used dimensionals to attach the colored and cut out plane image to a white cardstock strip beneath the channel.

So that the recipient would know to pull to make the plane move, I added a circle with a little ribbon as a pull tab. The sentiment at the bottom right corner reads simply "soar."

Materials Used:
Diva Airlines stamp set (Clear & Simple Stamps); white cardstock (Xerox); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); patterned paper (Memory Box Snow Collection); Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, and Real Red cardstock, ½” and ¾” circle punches, word window punch, corner rounder punch, Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, silver brads, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!)

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are too cute but I really love the pull tag one! I want to try that with some other stamps. You need to do some classes Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! Love the DP on the first card! Your coloring is amazing, too! The pull tab is such a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips