Friday, March 20, 2009

Branching Out from Cupcakes

I know they're not the newest thing, but I am loving the papers in the Dill Blossom paper pad I picked up last week! I used them again tonight to make this card for Taylor's Cupcake Challenge. No cupcakes here, but I did use some of Taylor's new stamps on my card.

I ended up flipping the sketch on its side so I could use my new Branching Out set. I stamped the solid branch image first, then added Kiwi Kiss leaves to the tiny branches (using my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement).

I added the swing and a small bird image to the branch, too. I used a scrap of textured paper to paper piece the swing. The bird was stamped a second time on a scrap of white cardstock, colored, cut out, then added to the image with a dimensional. I put a tiny green gem from a pack of Taylor's Tiny Twinkles on the bird's eye for a fun touch.

I used a combination of a stipple brush and a sponge to apply some Soft Sky ink to the image panel. I placed the sentiment (again with the SAMJ) on one side of the panel.

I used a pair of papers, one patterned and one textured, from the Dill Blossom paper pad for the panel on the cardfront. I layered the panel on a Chocolate Chip mat, then on a kraft card base.

If you add your card using this sketch to the gallery at Paper Craft Planet, you just might win a treat! Taylor is giving away a FREE Tiny Twinkle to one random winner picked from everyone who uploads their sketch challenge cards at Paper Craft Planet. Be sure to use the keyword TECC60 so your card will be placed in the gallery and eligible to win.

Materials Used:
Branching Out and Branching Out Coordinates stamp sets, white Choice Cardstock, Taylor's Twinkles (Taylored Expressions); Tuxedo Black ink (Memento); markers (Copic Ciao); textured and patterned paper (SEI-Dill Blossom); petite oval dies (Nestabilities); Close to Cocoa, Kiwi Kiss, and Soft Sky Classic inks, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, and Kraft cardstock, Chocolate Chip 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, scallop edge punch, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!)

4 comments:

  1. This is a sweet card, looking forward to this set in our new catty next month here in Oz. Great colour choice too!

    :) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both cards today. The branch reminds me of the stamp set I HAD to buy because of your cute card at the last swap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Lori. I hope you are enjoying your 'branching out' set!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Lori! I LOVE that stamp too....your little birdie is so cute popped up there!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips