Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sketches {by Tamara}: Recipe 39 and Page Plans, Too

Here's my card for this week's recipe challenge at Sketches {by Tamara}. This week's required ingredients were a button trio, black, and a border punch. I kept my card pretty clean and simple while still incorporating these three elements.

I'm still working my way through Unity's February Kit of the Month, so that's where this tree image came from. I stamped it in black pigment ink on Kiwi Kiss cardstock, then covered it with black embossing powder and heat embossed it. I trimmed around the treetop and set it aside. I stamped the tree again on a kraft panel, then attached the embossed treetop to it using dimensionals. I ran my distressing tool along the edges of the kraft cardstock to give it some texture, too.

The tree panel is layered on a black panel with a fancy border punched edge. I used one of the new Fiskars border punches--these are so fun! I added a trio of black buttons to the lower right corner of the image panel, then layered it on a Kiwi Kiss card base.

Materials Used:
February Kit of the Month (Unity Stamp Co.); Basic Black Craft ink, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, and Kraft cardstock, black embossing powder, distressing tool, dimensionals (Stampin' Up!); Effervescence border punch (Fiskars); black buttons, twine (Walmart)

And, I just realized that I forgot to post my card for this week's sketch at Page Plans. So, before I forget again, here it is. I like the mostly monochromatic color scheme here, with just a pop of blue.

I used a trio of felt stars as the embellishments for the right side of the card. The sentiment is a combination of a chipboard “u” from a Target Dollar Spot package and stamped letters. I stamped each letter two times, first in white pigment ink, then again, just slightly offset in dark brown ink for a fun look. I edged the sentiment strip with a star border. It’s hard to see in the photo, but there’s a strip of shimmery silver paper under the cut out stars for some sparkle.

Materials Used:
Contempo Alphabet stamp set, Close to Cocoa Classic ink, White Craft ink, Chocolate Chip and Kraft cardstock, Kraft Patterns designer series paper, dimensionals (Stampin’ Up!); felt stars (American Crafts); star border punch (Martha Stewart); chipboard letter, silver paper(Target)

1 comment:

  1. I love these both! I really love the first one (do you think it's because it was MY recipe?) I love the simplicity of it, and the black with the kraft looks so AWESOME! I really NEED to get some Unity Stamps! I love them!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips